Kennebunk Land Trust
Development and Administrative Manager
The Kennebunk Land Trust (KLT) seeks a highly motivated individual who will represent and promote the Trust and its mission in a positive and energetic manner and is committed to working in partnership with the community we serve. This position shares responsibilities with the Director for implementing KLT’s mission and assisting with promoting development. The candidate will be highly organized and have the facility to respond to several requests in a small office environment while addressing varying demands. Computer skills are required and an interest in learning how to utilize our donor management program, Donor Perfect, familiarity with Quickbooks, and record keeping is essential. The candidate will meet deadlines, keep schedules, and maintain effective filing systems. Respect and the ability to honor confidentiality are necessary.
This is a part time position (20-25 hours per week). Occasional evening and weekend work required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Kennebunk Land Trust, originally known as the Ramanascho Land Preservation Trust, was founded in 1972 to preserve and protect significant natural spaces in the Kennebunk, Arundel, and Lyman area. As one of southern Maine’s oldest working land trusts, the Trust has preserved over 3,400 acres of forest, fields and waterways, including 1,600 acres of the Kennebunk Plains. Of these preserved lands, more than 300 acres are conservation easements managed for private landowners.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsibilities for initiating, maintaining, and protecting all development records, including those associated with donations/annual appeal and various financial accounts.
- Receive and track all contributions and capital gifts, generate thank you correspondence.
- Record all donations and gifts in Donor Perfect (donor management program).
- Coordinate annual appeal and membership mailings.
- Generate development reports when requested by Director/Board of Directors.
- Work with the Development Committee on events and programs and serve as liason for that committee.
- Support and collaborate with Director on fundraising activities and programs.
- Auction- larger events, like the Auction, require specific duties:
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to items solicited and event advertising
- Generate correspondence, invoices, and thank you letters
- Develop proficiency with auction software
- Coordinate delivery and storage of auction items.
- Record, copy, and deposit all funds
- Track all finances in Quickbooks
- Answer phones/greet visitors
- Schedule and maintain logistics for meetings and events
- Assume responsibility for maintaining office equipment
- Keep office supplies and all files organized and accessible.
- Assist Director with appropriately utilizing volunteers.
- Maintain record of volunteer activity and time log
- Coordinate mailing of KLT newsletter, membership letter, and annual appeal letter
- Update and maintain list of media contacts and deadlines
- Create and distribute announcements via Constant Contact (email) and social media.
- Review and compile data gathered during Annual monitor reports of KLT preserves.
- Work with Director to ensure timeline response to stewardship concerns.
- The successful candidate must have enthusiasm and experience working with volunteers, community members, and donors.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently but also the desire to support a team
- Flexibility concerning work schedule
- Good judgement, leadership, professionalism.
- 3-5 years of office experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and Constant Contact (email).
- Proficiency with social media.
- Proficiency with donor management software.
- Demonstrate organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to Sarah Stanley, Director of Kennebunk Land Trust, at firstname.lastname@example.org